Why can professional and college football fill stadiums with 75,000 to over 100,000 fans, but our churches have many empty seats?
L= Look Up
No Audio At This Time
How Samaria Had a Revival
Satan has gotten people to think football is a better god than the One True God.
Three MAIN POINTS:
I. Philip Preached Christ in Samaria – L- v.5
A. He was one of the first deacons - L- Acts 6:5
“Deacons” were servants who helped the Apostles to serve widows.
B. He was called an evangelist - L- Acts 21:8
Jesus said, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every (person).”
II. The Essentials for Revival – L- v.6
A. The people must be of one ccord – L- v.6
B. The people really listened to the message – L- v.6
III. Seven Evidences of Revival – L- v.7-25
A. Evidence 1: Lives are changed - L- v.7
B. Evidence #2: Great joy is experienced – L- v.8; L- John 15:11
C. Evidence #3: There’s deliverance from false teachings - L- v.9-17
1. Simon was a false teacher - L- v.9
2. The people gave heed to him - L- v.10
Lesson: Satan can take gullible people and get them to believe and follow false teachers.
D. These people were enslaved for a long time – “pride” is anything we do and
leave God out - L- v.11
“Humbleness” is knowing you need God in every situation – L- John 15:5
1. Philip preached God’s kingdom – L- v.12a; John 6:44
2. Philip preached Jesus Christ - L- v.12b
3. Philip taught water baptism - L- v. 12c
4. Simon believed and was baptized – L- v.13
E. Evidence #5: There are false professions of faith – L- v.18-20
F. Evidence #6: Hypocrisy is rebuked – L- v. 21-24
1. Peter tells Simon he’s not saved – L- v.21
2. Simon needed to repent - L- v. 22,23
3. Simon asks for prayer – L- v.24
G. Evidence #7: Disappointments don’t stop revivals – L- v.25
Four Points of Interest:
1. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE USED BY SATAN TO TRY TO DESTROY CHRISTIANITY -L – V. 1
2. CHRISTIANS WILL REPORT YOUR COMMITMENT TO JESUS CHRIST. – L – V. 2
3. GOD USES PERSECUTION TO GET PEOPLE TO HEAR ABOUT CHRIST’S SAVING GRACE. – L – V. 3-4
4. STEPHEN’S DEATH WAS NOT POINTLESS. IT CAUSED THE GOSPEL TO BE SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD.