"L" = Look Up
All Believers Receive God’s Spirit
Audio to come!
Fact: The Christian life is more than human effort.
Christians need God’s Spirit to empower and, guide our lives.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Three Facts How God Dealt With These Gentiles
I. The Holy Spirit indwelt them - L v. 44,45
A. Many heard the word of God. - L v. 44
Faith = Assurance (Believing God’s Word) + Confidence (Acting on God’s Word)
B. Their faith in Christ gave them God’s Spirit. - L v. 44
So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
C. The Jewish Christians were amazed.- L v. 45
II. The Gentiles Spoke In Tongues - L v. 46; L Acts 2: 1-4
A. These Gentiles spoke in other languages. - L v. 46
B. The value of speaking in tongues.
I Corinthians 14:22
Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.
“Tongues” refers to a known language.
Read: I Corinthians 13:8-10
“Prophecy” refers to proclaiming God’s Word
“Knowledge” understanding God’s Word.
III. These Gentiles Were Baptized. - L v. 47,48
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
A. Jesus wants all true believers baptized.
1) Baptism with water comes after spiritual baptism.
2) Water baptism identifies one with Christ.
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, we also should walk in newness of life.
B. Gentiles who receive Christ should be baptized. -L v.47
1) They heard the word. - L v. 44
2) They believed Jesus was the Christ.- L v. 43
3) They were filled with God’s Spirit.
4) They spoke in other languages. - L v. 46
C. These Gentiles wanted to be disciplined. -L v. 48
Four Points Of Interest
1) All true believers receive God’s Spirit. - L v. 44,45
2) God had the Gentile believers speak in tongues. - L v. 46
3) All true believers need to be baptized with water. - L v. 47
4) All true believers need biblical training. - L v. 47
Q: Are you using God’s Spirit effectively?
Do you have God’s Spirit in your life?