God’s Pattern for Deliverance from Persecution
"L" = Look Up
Audio to come!
Question: Do you think Satan loves us more today than people in the First Century?
Answer: No! That’s why we need God’s deliverance.
Three Main Points Dealing with God’s Deliverance:
I. God Deals with the First Political attack on the church. – L- v.5-17
A) God’s pattern involves prayer. - L- v.5
“Constant prayer” means here intense prayers.
B) God's pattern involves confidence. - L- v.6; Matthew 11:28-30
Lesson: Through prayer, God can give us strength and peace to go
through whatever confronts us.
“Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him. And He shall bring it to pass.”
C) God’s pattern involves His miraculous work and a believer’s obedience.
- L- v.7-10
Lesson: Obey God’s commands for your life, because He is able to
open what appears to be closed doors.
D) God’s pattern involves His sovereign will. – L- v.11
E) God’s pattern has Christians helping Christians. – L- v.12-17
1. Peter goes to Mary’s home. – L- v.12
2. Peter knocks on the door. – L- v.13,14
3. The prayer group lacked faith. - L- v.15
“But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let, not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord.”
4. Peter keeps on knocking. – L- v.16,17a; L- Matthew 7:7,8
5. Peter tells them to encourage other believers. – L- v.17b
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
II. God’s Protection of the Church. – L- v.18-23; L- v.18-23; L- Matthew 16:18
A) The Roman soldiers were stirred up. – L- v.18
B) Herod wasn’t pleased. – L- v.19
C) God has Herod put to death. – L- v.20-23
Lesson: There’s a time God gives.
III. God’s Church Continues to March On. – L- v.24,25
A) More people accept God’s Word. – L- v.24
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.”
B) John Mark gets disciplined. – L- v.25
Four Points of Interest
1) When God has a plan for you, no one can stop it.
2) God answers prayers at times when we think there’s no hope. – L- v. 5,16
3) The government cannot set boundaries for God’s Word. – L- v.13-16
4) Persecution to God’s church only brings victory. - L- v.23,24
Question: Can persecuting Christianity today by Satan stop Christianity?
Answer: No! L- John 16:33