THE GOSPEL MUST GO ON
"L" = Look Up
Audio to come!
Introduction: Quote- R. G. Lee: “Taking the cross out of preaching is like taking the heat out of the fire, melody out of music, numbers out of mathematics and word out of vocabulary.”
Fact: Paul and Barnabas were faithful to include the cross of Christ in their gospel message.
Three Points of the Message:
I. Paul and Barnabas Go to Antioch of Pisidia – L- v.14-16
II. Paul States God’s Workings Throughout History – L. v.17-22
III. God Has Given Messiah to the World – L- v. 23-41
A. The Savior was proclaimed. – L- v.23-41
“Repentance” is admitting your sin and turning from it to God.
B. God Sent the Wor of Salvation. - L-v.26-29
“Salvation” means deliverance from both the power and penalty of sin and death.
1) The Old Testament experts failed to understand God's Word. - L-v.27
2) The Old Testament experts wanted Jesus killed. - L-v.28;
L-John 18:38; L-John 19:7,12
3) The religious leaders’ wickedness fulfilled prophecy. – L- v. 29
L- Matthew 27:62-66
“His body shall not remain on the tree, but you shall surely bury Him that day, so you will not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accused of God.”
4) Messiah was raised from the dead. L- v.30
5) Messiah appeared to many believers. – L- v.31; L- 1 Corinthians 15:4-8
C. Paul tells of more fulfilled prophecy. – L- v.32-37
1) Messiah was the Son of God. - L- v.33
2) Messiah would not see corruption. – L- v.34-37
“Corruption” refers to the decay of the human body.
D. Jesus forgives sin and justifies. – L- v.38,39
“Justifies” means declared righteous.
“For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.”
E. Paul gives a strong warning. - L- v.40,41
Five Points of Interest
1. From King, David lineage comes Messiah. – L- v.23
2. The Religious Leader didn’t understand the words God gave His prophets. – L- v.27,28
3. God raised His Son from the dead. – L- v.30
4. Jesus Christ alone forgives sins and justifies. – L- v.38,39
5. Don’t reject God’s promises of judgment. – L- v.41