The Responses to the Gospel
"L" = Look Up
Audio to come!
Question: How did you respond the first time you heard the Gospel?
"Justified" Means to declare righteous.
Two Main Points:
I. The People's Responses to the Gospel. - L- v.42-45
A. Some Gentiles wanted to hear more. - L- v.42
B. Some Jews wanted Paul to continue. - L- v.43
1) Many wanted to hear more now.
2) The teachers taught to continue in the grace of God. - L- v.43
"Continuing in the grace of God" refers to the persevering in the Christion . Read I John 2:19; - L- John 8:31
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
I John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
C. Many from Antioch came to worship. – L- v.44
Question: Why did so many come on the Sabbath?
Answer: (1) Those who heard Paul preach told others.
(2) Paul and Barnabas witnessed throughout the week.
D. Some opposed Paul’s teachings. – L- v.45
1) They had envy towards the Gentiles.
2) They had envy towards Paul and Barnabas.
3) They opposed Paul’s teachings.
The servant of God can expect rejection and opposition when teaching the true Gospel.
II. The Response of Paul and Barnabas. – L- v.46-52
A. Paul and Barnabas rejected the rejecters. – L- v.46; John 3:18 Luke 10:10-11,16
B. They turned to the Gentiles. - L- v.46,47; Acts 26:22,23
C. Many Gentiles received the Word. – L – v.48,49
D. They were expelled from Pisidia. – L- v.50
II Timothy 3:11
Paul wrote, “Persecutions, attacks, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra – what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.”
E. They turned away from the rejecters. – L- v.51
F. They had God’s Spirit filling them with joy. -L- v.52
Four Points of Interest:
1. There are always people who will listen to the Gospel. – L- v.42
2. There are always people who will reject the Gospel. – L- v.45
4. Faithful servants of Christ will have persecution. - L- v.50
3. The Gospel is available to everyone. - L- v.47
Jesus said, “He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.”