How to Make Strong Churches
"L" = Look Up
Audio to come!
Question: How long should you stay someplace sharing the gospel until you should leave?
Three Main Points:
I. Task 1: Share Christ and Make Disciples. – L- v.21
A. Ministers must preach the Gospel. – L- v.21a
B. Ministers help make disciples. - L- v.21b
Question: Why don’t we leave new Christians alone?
Answer: II Timothy 2:2 – Christians must learn how to grow spiritually and then teach new believers how to mature spiritually.
II Timothy 2:2
The Apostle Paul wrote – “And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
Question: Why do we need God’s Word to grow spiritually?
II Timothy 3:16,17
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Answer: 1) It tells of God’s doctrine – what is right.
2) It tells of God’s reproof – what is not right.
3) It tells of God’s correction – how to get right.
4) It tells of God’s righteousness – how to stay right.
Question: How do you know a person is spiritually mature?
Answer: His involuntary responses are godly.
II. Task 2: Be Committed to Strengthen the Church. – L- v. 21-27
A. Churches must be established. - L- v.21-22a
B. Churches must be encouraged. – L- v.22b
I Corinthians 4:16
The Apostle Paul wrote, “Therefore, I urge you, imitate me.”
C. Churches must be warned. – L- v. 22c; L – John 15:20
1. Faithful believers will have persecution. - L- John 16:33
2. Faithful believers will receive heaven. – L- v.23
“The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
D. Churches must be organized. - L- v.23
“Elders” were spiritual leaders in the New Testament.
E. Churches must be taught. – L- v.24,25
F. Paul and Barnabas reported to their church. – L- v.26,27
1) The Antioch churches received a missionary report.
2) They told of Gentiles being saved. – L- v.27
III. Paul and Barnabas Stayed in Antioch for Awhile. – L- v.28
Four Points of Interest
1. Discipling new believers is hard work.
2. Mature believers want to help disciple new believers.
3. Faithful Christians will experience persecution.
4. Faithful Christians will live in heaven some day.