What is True Freedom
"L" = Look Up
Audio to come!
Question: Many people think, what must I do to go to Heaven?
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
Facts About Salvation:
1) Salvation comes through God’s grace. - L- John 6:44
“And you, He made alive who were dead in trespasses and sins.”
2) You can’t save yourself.
3) Salvation is a gift of God. – L- Romans 6:23
“…and without the shedding of blood, there is no remission.”
4) Salvation is not of works.
5) Salvation has no personal boasting.
Two Main Questions Concerning Salvation:
I. Are Jewish Rituals Necessary for Salvation? – L- v.1-3
A. The dissenters from Judea were powerful. - L- v.1,2
B. Scripture declares what the dissension was. – L- v.1
1) Paul and Barnabas never said circumcision was wrong.
2) Paul and Barnabas said circumcision didn’t bring one salvation. – L- v.2
C. The Antioch Church sought counsel. – L- v.2,3; Romans 3:20
D. The march to Jerusalem was glorious. - L- v.3
II. Do You Have to Accept the Whole Law to be Saved? – L- v. 4,5
A. The Antioch members were accepted. – L- v.4
B. The Jerusalem dissenters were of the Pharisees. - L- v.5
Four Points of Interest
1) Salvation is 100% God.
2) Salvation is a gift Jesus paid for.
3) Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ plus nothing.
4) Freedom is placing your confidence in Christ and not in the Law.